Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CLIVE NOLAN: "Alchemy"

Rating: R
Label: Metal Mind Records
Review by Martien Koolen
I like Clive Nolan as a keyboardplayer in Pendragon and Arena, but his solo efforts are not really my cup of tea. Alchemy is a double album and it is a musical, in the true sense of the word. I loathe musicals, as they are all the same and far too sweet. Alchemy is a Victorian adventure set in 1842 and it sounds like that!! There is too much singing, there are narrative parts, and there are absolutely no musical highlights, no guitarsolos whatsoever. I listened to this album once, it lasts almost two hours!!!, and that was quite enough for me, as I have only a couple of words to describe this new solo project, which are dull, boring and horrible. Truly NOT recommended to rockfans!!

2 comments: