Wednesday, February 5, 2014

NASHVILLE PUSSY: "Up The Dosage"

Rating: R
Label: SPV/Steamhammer 2014
Review by: Urban "Wally" Wallstrom

Plod Rock. I could/should end the review with those words. There's hardly anything more to say really. Try as I might, I can't imagine people finding the strange mix between hillbilly and tacky to be well-crafted material worthy of your attention. Then again, just the simple fact that I don't enjoy it will most certainly attract hordes of ogres, trolls, and goblins to camp out at their doorstep. Why not? It's just not my cup of demon blood and what a boring old place this would be if we all thought the same about everything.

"Up The Dosage" should/could be my kind of music though. It's got a little bit of ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motörhead, and how can you not enjoy a song title like "The South's Too Fat To Rise Again". Then again, I'd rather just play me all those band and leave this in the bin. It's basically the redneck, white trash, boot stomping, beer drinking, midget throwing, hog kissing, mud wrestling, hillbilly hell. What's wrong with that? Well, to quote this other reviewer, "The best way I can describe this album is like a keg of beer and a full on raging house party. It's as fun as being completely smashed and awash in alcohol fueled euphoria. You know what I mean right?", end quote. Yes... we all know what you mean. You're a drunk with s**t for taste :) Final verdict: It's all been done before and with much better result.

No comments:

Post a Comment